That’s right bitches, I’m staging my own French blog revolution.
In case you hadn’t noticed, this weekend is Jubilee weekend. I know, I know. You were wondering why you had an extra couple of days off work and what all that bunting over the place was about, weren’t you? Well, it turns out the Queen has been sipping tea in her various palaces, happily reigning over us for a whole SIXTY years! I know, right? Who knew!?
Anyway, not one to go sailing down the River Thames with the crowd, my blog theme this month is Parisian Chic. Yeah, I’m so hipster and alternative like that…
I’m not going to lie, I feel like a bit of a mug now. When I decided on the theme of this month this whole, tiny jubilee malarkey might have casually slipped my mind and I was caught up in the fact that I’m going to France. So, in my excitement, I hastily themed my blog without considering the fact that everyone would be feeling oh-so patriotic right around now and would probably not want to be reading about our stylish, froggy neighbours.
Well, I’ve made my French-themed bed and now I’m going to lie in it. I’m sure you’re all bored of jubilee themed blog posts in any case, right? (That’s my argument and I’m sticking to it.)
So here’s my French themed wishlist of the moment:
1. Cezanne Apple Pullover, The Orphan’s Arms £30 – Ahhhh suddenly I don’t feel quite so much of a traitor! The Orphan’s Arms are a quintessentially British company. I have a whole lotta love for this brand, over the winter I lived in my ‘London School of Sorcery’ sweater and I love this one just as much. All their stuff is incredible and very reasonably priced too – win!
2. Opium by Yves Saint Laurent, Debenhams £46 – There was a sample of this in Glamour a couple of months back and I fell in love with it. When my Jimmy Choo perfume runs out this will be the next purchase for me, I think.
3. Amour Pendant, Accessorize £10 – This is really cute. And French. Enough said.
4. French Manicure Set, Nails Inc £25 – Like the rest of the universe, I’m all about the nail art at the moment. But sometimes, when I’ve been sitting in the living room for hours creating ridiculous patterns on my nails and suffocating myself with nail polish fumes, I tend to think “WHY THE HELL AM I SPENDING SO MUCH TIME ON THIS?”, and just wish my nails were normal. That reason alone is why I need the Nails Inc French Manicure collection.
5. Chanel Briefcase, Rewind Vintage £2100 - Let’s face it; no French themed wishlist would be complete without a bit of Chanel. Although, as much as I love to lust over designer bags, the idea of ever spending that amount of money on a bag is absolutely ludicrous - I can’t quite believe people do it!
So, that’s my feeble attempt to do a French themed blog post on the most British week of the year. I won’t cry myself to sleep over this, what with the Olympics coming up there will be plenty more opportunities this year to embrace my patriotic side.
Special shout out to the Queen, because I know she’s reading this. Happy Jubilee, bbz. I apologize for my brief moment of ignorance when deciding on a theme this month. Hope we’re still cool.
Lots of love,
(Those are French kisses. Ha ha. Get it? Yeah.)