I've bought a few new things this week...
|1. Girls Aloud False Lashes 2. Fifty Shades of Grey by EL James 3. Moroccan Oil |
4. No. 7 Nail Polish 5. Bourgeois Primer 6.Maybelline BB Cream
1. Nicola Girls Aloud Lashes by Eylure - I'm absolutely rubbish at applying false lashes but I thought I'd give these a go all the same. My eyelashes aren't very thick naturally so I didn't want to go for something too full and I really like the shaping of these. Summer ball is coming up and my house are going out this weekend so that's the perfect time to try them out.
2. Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James - I bought this on the recommendation of a friend who's a bit addicted to it. It's basically an erotic version of Twilight but errr without vampires. The book's already outsold 'The Hunger Games' which I find completely insane because it's awfully written - even worse than the original Twilight books! (Although, I'm not going to lie - I was a mega Twilight fan in sixth form but having studied it again at University, I've sort of seen the light.) It started out life as Twilight fanfic which really explains a lot. Still it's going to be the next huge series and is being made into a film franchise. I'm only five or six chapters in at the moment, maybe I'll just persevere to see what the fuss is about.
3. Moroccan Oil -I went to have my hair cut yesterday and the stylist finished my hair by using Moroccan Oil on the ends. I was really impressed by how soft and shiny it made my hair look so I went ahead and bought some. For quite a while I've been looking for a product that makes my hair look sleek so this fits the bill perfectly! At £15 for a small bottle it was a bit of an extravagance for me, but it should last quite a while as you only need to apply a small amount.
4. No. 7 Stay Perfect Nail Polish in Snowflake - I had a £5 No. 7 voucher to spend (I love it when Boots do that!) I've been wanting a white nail polish just to use as a base coat for nail art. There's a terrifying lady who works at the No. 7 counter in Canterbury so I just sort of had to pick this up and sprint off to avoid being accosted by her.
5. Bourgeois Flower Perfection Primer - I originally bought Maybelline's Dream Smooth Primer but stupidly didn't check to see whether it had been opened in store. It had. So I took that back and got this instead. So far I love it - It's a perfect base on which to apply foundation and creates a really smooth finish.
6. Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream - I've been looking for a new foundation for some time. I hate really heavy foundations as I tend to break out if I use them. This one is less of a foundation and more of a tinted face cream - I think it's perfect for some light coverage in the summer and it's SPF 30! It also blends really well. If you're looking for something to cover up imperfections though this won't do the trick but it definitely evens out skin tone nicely.
Yesterday I went for a haircut and had a bit of a drastic change. As much as I love my hair long, the ends get in terrible condition - it was literally like straw yesterday! So I had quite a lot taken off and a few layers cut in. It feels so much more healthy now which is great and it'll be a lot cooler for summer. By the time winter comes it'll probably be long again anyway!
|Before and after!|
Have any of you read Fifty Shades of Grey? I'd love to know your thoughts on it if you have.
Lots of love,